Centerville, MA asked in Immigration Law for Massachusetts

Q: How can my father be granted with a Green card through myself (an adult US Citizen)?

How can my father be granted with a Green card through myself (an adult US Citizen) after he have been denied entry with a visa in 2000, (lived here between 1999 and 2000) and reentry without inspection (illegal entry) in 2006; but have left the US territory by himself on his own terms in January 2010?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Sounds like he may have the permanent bar. You can still file a visa petition for him, and then he can file an immigrant visa. He will also need to file Form I-212 to overcome the permanent bar.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.