Oceanside, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: Regarding refuses visitation and missed visit What should I do?

i (mother) have the primary custody my ex-bf lives in Las Vegas and he has every first weekend of each month in Las Vegas and visitation in LA every 3rd and 5th weekend of each month plus equally sharing vacations, holidays etc in Las Vegas/LA Written in our court order.I always drop off our Son in Barstow which our exchange place every 1st weekend each month but he always refuses to come visit our son in LA on his visitation time and refusing to make up his missed visit the father simply using the Coronavirus as an excuse or financial issues.what should I do in this situation? Do I have to file something in court and what is it?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawna Murray
Shawna Murray
  • Irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you would like to change a child custody order, you will need to file a Request for Order on Forms FL-300 & FL-311 plus you must a detailed declaration that can be prepared on Form MC-031. I advise you to consult with an attorney, but if you cannot afford to do that, you should ask if your court's self-help desk is available to review your documents before you file them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.