Escondido, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: Can my girlfriend leave with my son to another state without my consent

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawna Murray
Shawna Murray
  • Irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: An answer can often be found by reviewing the child custody orders you have in place. What does it say about trips out of state? What does it say moving away?

If you do not have child custody orders already in place and you believe that she is relocating to another state, then you need to consult with an attorney right away, before she moves out of the state.

If you do not have the means to afford full representation by an attorney, there are some attorneys who will help you represent yourself or go to court appearances for you, depending on your needs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.