Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury for Texas

Q: I was in accident there no was no damage no on injured and I didn’t have insurance at the time but he had claims.

He claimed he was injured but denied medical attention at the scene and then days later claimed he had injuries but never showed any medical information and I talked to his insurance company and I never heard anything back from them he never showed me any incident report for these damages he claimed were there but the officer on the scene said he saw nothing damaged and cleared us both and I was issued two tickets but I have insurance now and I filed the claim with them because I was issued a letter in the mail saying that I owed them 3,440 in damages and it says nothing that it was pertaining to it has been months since I had heard anything from the other driver and the insurance company and now there’s seeking to suspend my license and claim money from me but I told him months ago that I needed all the documents so I can keep them for my records and he never showed me anything

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel John Christensen
Daniel John Christensen
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need to consult a civil defense attorney for advice on what to do. Because you did not have insurance at the time, your current insurance company will not provide him with an attorney. You have to hire one yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.