Shepherdsville, KY asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Child Support for Kentucky

Q: Im being emotionally abused and my sister is 21 and she's living stable she said she'll take me I'm 16 what can I do?

I'm being emotionally abused by my grandpa and I've been abused and abandoned by my parents I'm 16 and I just want to leave, my sister said she'd adopt me because she has a stable home and she's making good money she's 21, I've been abused my whole life and I just want it to be over I don't want to get in trouble so I want a fast way to get this over with so I can live with her and finish my school and do something with my life, I cry everyday because of being told how fat I am or being picked on I cry everyday and I know I'm 16 but I honestly just want to live a normal life I can't wait until I'm 18 I've called the cops before and they believed my grandpa and I got yelled at, he goes through my stuff and my room I don't have privacy at all, he wants to know what I'm doing every second of the day and I'm not allowed to go anywhere or see my friends as he says "staying in this house and cleaning is more important than seeing friends" please help me

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: File a petition for guardianship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.