North Las Vegas, NV asked in Real Estate Law for Nevada

Q: Can timeshare put a lien on my house ,what can we do Thx

My wife an I r retired living off SS and my pension,timeshare is paid in full but we can’t afford maintenance


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hales
Michael Hales

A: It depends on the contract, but they almost never will even if it is an option for them. Rather, they'll foreclose and take the timeshare back into their inventory should you fall behind on maintenance fees. I recommend reaching out to the timeshare company and offering to deed or return the property back to them at no cost.

3 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.