Dallas, TX asked in Immigration Law for Missouri

Q: Is it possible to have an N400 application expedited if my employment depends on it?

My driving license expires in February and my employment is Truck driver. Back in 2014 when my conditional green card was ungraded to full ten year I never actually received that card and when I enquired about its whereabouts I was told the card was no longer traceable. So in February of this year I applied for citizenship, application accepted April 3rd, then COVID came. Now the N400 processing times are 2 years plus which means I can’t prove legal residency to the DMV in February and my new license will be denied. I was hoping for a chance of fast tracking the N400 given the definite fact I will lose my employment without the completion of the N400 application in the next 6 months.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: You are an LPR. You need to apply for a replacement card. You will need a current card when it comes time to attend an interview for your NATZ. Once you file for the replacement call the 1 800 number to schedule an info pass at your local USCIS. Take the receipt and other proof that you are an LPR to the appointment and request a stamp in your passport.

NO You can not expedite your NATZ. The proper thing to do is get your green card.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.