Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Insurance Bad Faith for Georgia

Q: Cox worker parked vehicle in my driveway blocking. Would not move when asked, (Assaulted) me on property, Can You Help?

I have a question about trespassing & assault. I cox tech came onto my property parking his van, blocking my driveway. When I asked him to move, he got Aggressive and HOSTILE saying no! He was asked to move it more than 3 times.

He was "TOLD" he is now Trespassing, to get off the property.

HE SAID NO! Would not leave.

His cell phone was on my property so I went to move and get his name, he hit my hand & arm, hurting my hand & fingers. (by dialing 911)

He told me his uncle is the sheriff and he don't care.

He also is going to lie.

I have it all video recorded.

Police did come out.

I would like to know how we can get this guy off the street and hold Cox Accountable?


Now Cox claims wants to settle!

They called with a ridiculously low offer....

Would any Lawyer like to settle this for me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is best to start by filing a police report against the individual who assaulted you on your property. Secondly, it is best to contact an attorney who can assess the specifics of your circumstances and provide you with a more tailored response.

We wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, LLC. (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.