Marietta, MS asked in Real Estate Law for Mississippi

Q: House built years ago not on our property

Parents owns several hundred acres .we built house and sheds on it . 25 years they draw up land lines to show who gets what. turns out the corner of house and shed are on sisters part . Parents won’t change it. What rights do we have

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery

A: If the Parents have not executed Deeds then you still own nothing. Once you have a Deed then you need to get a Boundary Line Agreement (to be recorded) with your Sister. There will be a cloud on both of your Titles, so it will inure to both Parties benefits to establish the Boundary of record. Otherwise you will have to sue your Sister for a Boundary Line Dispute, Quiet Title or possible Ejectment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.