Chandler, AZ asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Washington

Q: This involves a wrongful death involving a pedestrian and a commercial vehicle whose driver has a suspended license

First, thank you and please excuse me for the length, but I will try to keep it as brief as possible.

My son was killed as a pedestrian by a semi-truck whose driver was driving on a suspended license.This was in Tacoma, WA. I have an attorney (if that's what you'd call him) who is charging me 40% and won't even do anything. He didn't even look into the fact that the driver had a suspended license, was driving for the company he worked for at the time of the accident. It seems to me this would be valid information. Anyway, I was offered $100,000. Should I take it? Maybe get a second opinion? If I do will it hurt my case if I decide to keep same attorney? This has been very difficult for me and I really appreciate any advice. Thank You.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Tacoma, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: If you already have a lawyer, no on one here can ethically offer much advice, and certainly wouldn't do anything to interrupt the attorney / client relationship. That doesn't mean you can't call another lawyer and ask for a second opinion of course, that is very common.

If you are lacking confidence that your case is being handled as well as possible, then it is only smart for you to contact another office and get some questions answered.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.