Santa Rosa, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: What form needs to be filed to amend court-ordered child visitation arrangements?

I was supposed to see my daughter each weekend, but her father has moved to Turlock, and will not allow me to visit her. How should I address this issue with the Court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawna Murray
Shawna Murray
  • Irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. You will need to file a Request for Order (form FL-300) to request a modification to the current child custody order. I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the current situation. Share the current court order with the attorney so s/he can determine if your child’s other parent is in violation of the current court order. The money you spend on even a one-hour consultation should be very helpful to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.