Asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Landlord - Tenant and Probate for Georgia

Q: Step mother won't leave property stepson owns. She has been served eviction notice. case cont'd

State of ga. Landlord not notified until day of court Dispute over quit claim deed h

recorded in clerk records back in Feb 2020. Dad died may 2020. sueing estate of dad she's temp admin of for reversal of quit claim deed suit came after evict notice.can she adverse possess? How can she be removed.

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: There is a hold on evictions in the state at this time due to the pandemic. It was recently extended once again. You may want to read about here:

-Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.