Cary, NC asked in Landlord - Tenant and Real Estate Law for Puerto Rico

Q: My M-i-L has a property in PR with 2 tenants, neither have contract. She is interested in selling the house. Any issue?

One tenant on main floor and other on 2nd floor is her granddaughter (i.e. my niece) with her boyfriend whom has a child (not my niece's child). What steps can MiL take to sell the property?

1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. No contract, no legal issues. Your M-i-l Just needs to list the property and sell it.

If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.