Freehold, NJ asked in Business Law and Collections for New Jersey

Q: i had convenience store and by my employee, food stamp fraud happen and need help for that.

i got letter for $12k penalty but did not pay and closed store. but even after couple of year, they took money around $15k and still shows $23k i have pay after penalty and interest on it. i would like to resolved this. please help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul J. Riviere
Paul J. Riviere
  • Jackson, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: It sounds like you may have received a charge letter, pursuant to 7 C.F.R. §278.6(b), did you respond? You need an attorney to help you mitigate the penalties you are faced with. The USDA or AG's office can be very challenging to deal with.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.