Las Vegas, NV asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Nevada

Q: I need a divorce and I have a year in a half son with the person I got married to.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Since there are children involved, I would highly recommend seeking an experienced Family Law attorney to make sure your rights and interests are well represented. Once Child Custody and Child Support arrangements are ordered by the court, they can be difficult and expensive to modify. My position is to always urge parties to try their best to come to an agreement on the issues of their divorce to ensure that the outcomes are as favorable as possible for both parties. If this is not possible, the court will hear cases from either side and make a final judgement on child custody, child support, division of martial assets, and all other matters of the divorce.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.