Raleigh, NC asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Family Law for North Carolina

Q: My son maybe subject to have a timeshare willed to him. Can he decline acceptance and avoid expences of a timeshare?

2 Lawyer Answers

A: Yes, your son is not required to take ownership of the timeshare. I recommend speaking with a local attorney on how to do this.

Jonathan Shbeeb agrees with this answer

Jonathan Shbeeb
Jonathan Shbeeb
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: I agree with Mr. Hales. In addition, I will note that time share companies can be difficult to deal with. So, I would reiterate that seeking a North Carolina attorney's assistance would be prudent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.