Middleville, MI asked in Real Estate Law for Michigan

Q: I am trying to help sell mobile homes in a retirement campground. The owners don’t own land, just trailer. need license?

Lots are owned by park, selling the trailer and membership only. all paperwork don’t through sales office for a fee. What type of business license will i need?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth V Zichi
Kenneth V Zichi
  • Howell, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If you are selling ONE home, and you have some sort of interest in it, you probably don't need anything. If, however, you will make a 'business' from this and will sell more than one you will need several licenses. You should also consider organizing an LLC or closely held corporation to do that work to limit your own liability. And you will need insurances and more too.

First and foremost: consult with a local attorney who is experienced with organizing businesses. That attorney can provide actual advice to help smooth the process.

You can also see


but that can be confusing if you don't already know what to expect. '

Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Get real legal advice!

-- This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship.

I am licensed to practice in Michigan only. Please seek competent local legal help if you feel you need legal advice

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.