Houston, TX asked in Car Accidents for Texas

Q: How can I report someone who doesn’t want to pay for my vehicle’s damage by an accident they caused?

My daughter got in an accident Saturday night. My daughter has no license and the vehicle has no insurance. It was the other drivers fault, she was under the influence of alcohol which made her pass up the red light. She said she will gladly take care of the costs and to just let her know how much it will be. Today is Monday and the other driver has not answered my calls or texts. The costs would be around $5,000.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert C. Slim
Robert C. Slim
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but you will probably never hear from that person again. So, for your own peace of mind, stop trying to contact her. Instead, you should be contacting as an attorney. An attorney can represent your daughter for the accident and go after the responsible parties. If your accident happened in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, feel free to give me a call: 214-321-8225.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.