Lilburn, GA asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law and Probate for Georgia

Q: I'm the executor of my uncle's will in Louisiana and when he did his will, it indicated, so I thought that anything not

mentioned in the will would be handled legally by me. He lost 2 of his tax records in a flood and died before I realized that those properties weren't included on the will. Now my attorney is telling me I have to contact his siblings and their children inorder to GIFT the properties to whom my uncle intended them to go to. The designated heirs have already been paying taxes on those properties not listed so what should I do? All of his siblings are dead and I don't know his kids or where they're located.

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It sounds as though you are working with an attorney. That person has all the details of your case, so it would probably be a good idea to take the person’s advice. If you don’t feel that you are getting good guidance with that attorney then you may want to see about working with a new one. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.