Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: So I’m getting kicked out from my moms house and I have the choice to go with my dad but there isn’t no rooms availa

So I’m getting kicked out from my moms house and I have the choice to go with my dad but there isn’t no rooms available but my friend did offer me a place to stay until my dad fixes the room since he rents them but my moms is saying I can’t do that and she will call me as a run away and I’m not sure what to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawna Murray
Shawna Murray
  • Irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: While you didn't mention your age but it sounds like you might be a minor. Parents have a legal obligation to provide for their children until 18. You may want to go to or to call your school tomorrow and speak them about what is happening. They see these types of situations regularly and help counsel you on to do about this situation with your parents. I am sorry that this is happening to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.