Asked in Family Law for Washington

Q: how can I find out when my mother dies....she has a will but I am not included in it as she took me out of it.

I know who her attorney is but she also have told him not to discuss any of the will with me since I am not named in it, so even though I know I am not named in the will, and he knows I know that, does he still have to legally notify me of her death? Or does that only count if I contest the will? And if she hasn't passed yet, can I still send her lawyer a written request to be notified of the will reading, and will that force him to give me the date of the will reading? I live in Oregon and she is in washington.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Since your question remains open for three weeks, you could consider reposting under Probate and Estate Planning - those are more applicable than Family Law as far as categories go. There's no guarantee that all questions are picked up, but you might have better chances there. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.