Q: How do I file a stay away order for protection order of some sort Also have an exparte order overturned

My kids paternal aunt just doesn’t like me& has repetitively&continuously been calling child services making false reports of abuse or neglect since 2018 July 2019 after a long battle with child services I was granted custody of my children Dad visits every other Saturday. July 2019 to March 13, 2020 when corona came since ABSOLUTELY NO ONE was taking precaustion& the aunt was the first in my little city to catch COvid I suggested all visit should be my home for a while. Well for five months no call from the dad or aunts. Grandparents visited weekly sometimes 2-3 times a week. When I got sick about a month ago I ask the dad to take the a day I was really feeling bad so he did&never Returned them. Now the aunt has had an Exparte order filed against& had my kids temp places with their father.but I was never given NO PETITION STATING ABSOLUTELY ANY REASON TO REMOVE MY KIDS. It’s been almost a week& I still don’t know why

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You need to quarantine for 2 weeks and get 2 negative covid tests. Then hire a custody lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.