Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Louisiana on
Q: If the police officer let me go, after taking a picture of my license, can I expect charges later? Or even jail time?

I was pulled over for failure to use my blinker but officer asked me if had anything illegal. I had about 4 grams of weed and a pipe. The officer let me go and didn’t give me a ticket or summons but told me someone would be in contact with me in a couple weeks after the courts open back up about... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on May 11, 2020

If you are correct about the amount it is a misdemeanor. you will receive a summons. You can hire a criminal attorney to handle this for you. If you do not have a prior criminal record, you will not get jail time.

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Louisiana on
Q: Age 16 left home due to being punished for marijuana use in our home. He is living with girlfriends family.what to do?

16 year old completed senior year and will graduate. Turns 17 in Sept. Previously arrested for drugs at school (2018) and completed probation program. Caught him smoking pot in our house again and took electronics away. He left that night and went to girlfriends house. Girlfriends parents told... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on May 5, 2020

Call the police to get him returned and into counseling. If not, he's gonna be a Daddy within the year and stuck with 18 years of child support.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Louisiana on
Q: Illegal search (I messed up on my first question)

The cops were called to my home because of an argument between my spouse. They were beating on the door and screaming for us to come out. My spouse opened the door and had their tasers pointed at my spouse. So he took a step back because he got nervous. They yanked him out of our home onto the... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jan 3, 2020

Ah, now you have a bad search. Hire a criminal defense attorney

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.