Oklahoma City, OK asked in Probate for Oklahoma

Q: My mom lived in shawnee ok and died in tulsa ok and left no will and has gas and oil royalties in nacogdoches tx where

Would you file for probate and where would it be held at

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Matt Fleischer
Matt Fleischer
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I'm sorry for your loss. Whether you need a probate in TX will depend on TX law and whether you need a probate in OK will depend on OK law. In Oklahoma, your need for a probate will depend on numerous factors, including what types of assets your mom had, how those assets were titled, the value of those assets, etc. For more information, see the article titled "Do I Need Probate?" at the link below:


Also, many probate attorneys offer free consultations where they analyze your unique situation and provide more specific guidance.

Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Edmond, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Sorry for you loss.

For Oklahoma real property a probate may be required here.

For minerals in Texas, visit with an attorney there.

G. Wade Caldwell

Caldwell East & Finlayson

700 North Saint Mary’s Street


San Antonio, TX 78205


Patrick John Flueckiger

Attorney at Law

2028 E Ben White Blvd.

Suite 240-2425

Austin, TX 78741


Eric C. Camp

Decker Jones, PC

801 Cherry St., Unit 46

Ft Worth, TX 76102


Might be able to assist you with minerals there.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.