Hollywood, FL asked in Family Law and Child Support for New Jersey

Q: I live in florida my kids were born here my ex took the kids to new jersey applied for food stamps and medicaid then

Left the state and moved without any notice i have not seen or talked to my two boys in almost 10 years i need to get a reduction on my support order how do i do that

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Teresa L. Reichek
Teresa L. Reichek
  • Mount Laurel, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Thank you for your question. That sounds very frustrating. You need to consult an experienced family law attorney in the state where your child support order originates. If it is a NJ order then seek counsel in NJ. Also, consider that if you are still paying child support then your ex is receiving it. Therefore that jurisdiction must know where they are.

Many firms, including mine, offer free consultations. Your situation requires personalized attention and therefore you need to have a conversation with a professional.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.