Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for Florida

Q: Can I move without major issues?

I am 16, financially stable with the current job I am working and can support myself. I want to move out not due to abuse or anything just to be able to have responsibilities, my mother says she wouldn’t be mad about it but she will have to file a missing report with the police so she wouldn’t get in trouble for it. I don’t want to be in trouble nor do I want her to be in trouble

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Whoa. Both you and your mother are asking for big time trouble if you go down that path. Your mother would be committing a criminal act (intentionally filing a false report) and you would probably end up in a juvenile protection facility (nice sounding name for jail).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.