Stockton, CA asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for California

Q: If a parent discovers pics and videos of 12 yo masturbating for people online and does nothing, r they guilty of crime?

permitting a 12 yr. old to take laptop into bathroom for extended amounts of time unsupervised, then discovering GRAFIC sexual content performed for adults in an online account yet not deleting pics and videos, not closing account, not notifying authorities, not enrolling child in counseling nor seeking any type of legal or psychological services, and not removing access to internet from child ... punishable crime under any laws?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed........

it depends........maybe child neglect/negligence..............are you a family member?

maybe it is more important to address the act than the crime.

i would think the parent should be talked into taking the kid for therapy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.