Allston, MA asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Massachusetts

Q: Can you get jail time for driving and unregistered ATV on the street?

The person has previous felony convictions

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lissa McKinney
Lissa McKinney
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Acton, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: WHether you can is very different from whether you will. That is, the maximum pubishment for many motor vehicle violations or district court cases might be 2 1/2 years. However, that is not at all what a person might be likely to get. It might depend on the record, whether the person is on probation now, whether there was an accident or anyone endangered by it. Ordinarily, I would guess no jail time but there is insufficient detail to really do more than make the educated guess.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.