Birmingham, AL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Alabama

Q: Can i fill for full custody through dhr when i already been to the state

My husband took his childs mother to court for joint custody in December 2019 he got joint everything but he is on child support aswell a accident happened in may where she cameto my(his wife)mother house to fight left the car in reverse while child was in it now she has a pending child endangerment case and since he stopped getting him in may he stopped paying child support will he get in trouble for not paying when they have a court order and havnt seen his child in 4 months and also is there a way to get full custody like asap

1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You have a lot of questions in this and have not provided much information. You need to get to a family law attorney immediately. Also just for a short answer, yes he can get in trouble for not paying child support when he is ordered to, even though he hasn’t seen him. And probably yes, you need emergency custody especially with her acting like that!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.