Concord, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: I am the custodial parent. And have 60/40 custody of our son who is 7- my ex did not drop him off saturday 10amstillgone

I am bipolar and have cried in front of my son a couple times and diagnosed epilepsy last year. Can he take. My son away ? He stated he will not bring my son back if my current bf is there. He is slated to go to rehab next week - bf Dow's not live w me nor is he violent. Is this legal?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shawna Murray
Shawna Murray
  • Irvine, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I am sorry this is happening to you. If you have a court order for child custody, then the father must give your child back to you during your court-ordered custodial time. He cannot just keep your child during your time unless you agreed to it. You should consult with a local family law attorney about the specific facts for detailed advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.