Vandalia, IL asked in Divorce for Illinois

Q: If I filed for divorce but none of the paperwork was turned in. how long do i have to turn it in?

I filed for divorce in december 2019 but have been too busy to turn the paperwork in, how long do i have to turn the paperwork in to the court i filed with? It was accepted by the circuit clerk the same day I e-filed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian W. Reidy
Brian W. Reidy
  • Orland Park, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: There are some things missing from this question. When you filed your case, you should have received a case number from the clerk of court. If you filed in December and have not taken action, you are probably going to have to refile the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.