Jacksonville, FL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: Hello, I’m currently dealing with a child support case for my 2 children. The non custodial parent is “self employed”

and I have proof that he makes more than what he is telling such as photos with large amounts of money and messages of him admitting he has more also I feel that visitation should be revoke bc of the welfare of my boys I have multiple threat messages and him neglecting them in messages what should I do

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to file something with the court asking for what you want. If you want to increase child support or reduce timesharing then it is a modification. If you want to enforce something then it is a motion for enforcement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.