Arlington, TX asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Louisiana

Q: I have a granddaughter i been taking care of SHE IS 2 YRS AND I HAVE HAD HER SINCE SHE WAS 9 MONTHS.

My daughter was so bad on drugs. Her oldest two boys her first HUSBAND has them and she is not aloud to be with them alone at all. I have daughter since she was 9 months. She is 2. heHER boyfriend had a 12 yr old let her live with me for a year,paid for everything for those 2 kId. She moved back withDAD AFTER SCHOOL bc i caught her on a grown up site talking to 40 yr men. OCS was called on them OCS WENT one day my daughter boyfriebx and his daughter living in a emptY house one mattress . THEY TELL THEM THEY HAVE A 2 YR OLD LIVING WITH MY MOTHER. OCS CALLED ME I TOLD THEM I LET THEM SEE THEIR DAUGHTER BUT I NEVER LEAVE HER AND SHE WOULDNT STAY ANYWAY . SO I WAS OUT OF TOWN SO THE LADY CALLED ME ASKD IF WE COULD MEET AND SHE ASKED IF I WOULD TAKE THE OLDER DAUGHTER I SAID YES. I HAD HER BUT SHE HAS TO FOLLOW MY RULES. SO WE SET A TIME FOR THEM TO BRING HER & CHECK OUT MY HOME THEY DROVE UP WITH 2 SHERIFFS AND TOOK MY THE BABY, NO REASON. WHATS MY RIGHT. Was it legal

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire a juvenile court lawyer to get her back

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.