Glen Saint Mary, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: I have a nephew serving time for a crime that he and another guy committed only the other guy has been out for years

A man was killed, my nephew never denied his part but says he didn't do what the other guy said so the other guy gets 8 years and my nephew got life just trying to see if I could find him some help as we are not financially able to hire a lawyer and information would be greatly appreciated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your situation is too complex to appropriately address in a forum such as this one. Unfortunately you request is going to require a great deal of time and effort to properly address. You should start by contacting your nephew's former lawyer and then move forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.