Marietta, GA asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: Injured in a car accident as a delivery driver while at work. Was told to see WC doc now lawsuit is paying for WC costs?

Was not given option to see WC doc or my own VA doc.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Blain Morrison
Tristan Blain Morrison
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Alpharetta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Hi, this is Tristan Morrison with Morrison & Hughes Law in Marietta, Georgia. When you have an on-the-job motor vehicle accident, and you get hurt, you are entitled to workers' compensation benefits. This is true even if you were found to be at fault for the vehicle wreck. If you were hurt, then work comp is required to pay for medical care. You are not allowed to simply choose a VA doctor or any doctor that you wish to use. You are required by law to pick from a list of doctors on a "panel of physicians", which is supposed to be posted by your employer at your workplace. If your employer does not have a panel, or does not give you the option of choosing a medical provider from the panel, then you sometimes will have the right to get treatment from a doctor of your choice. We recommend that you consult with an attorney if you injuries were serious. We can be found at or by calling 404-800-LAWS (5297). The consultation is free.

Best regards,

Tristan Morrison

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.