Asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: How do I help my usa born cousin enter usa with just birth certificate and ssn

My course was born in CA but she was taken to Mexico at a very young age and her name was changed in mexico all her records and school records are in a different name but she has her us social security and birth certificate but she has not reentered the county because she is scared they won't believe her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: Your cousin should apply for a U.S. passport with the U>>S consulate while abroad and prior to attempting to enter the U.S.

The birth certificate and the social security card will be helpful in the request for the U.S. passport.

Good luck to you and your cousin.

Stephen Arnold Black agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.