Destin, FL asked in Family Law and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: Our son,40 owns his home. His girlfriend of 1 yr, asks to move in to his house with 2 dogs. What are legal issues?

Our son, has bad allergies. He has a good computer job and works from his home. If he allows his girlfriend to move in, can he make her move out? What if he cannot get along with her and needs to end the relationship? What are legal issues?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hon. Richard W. B. Davis
Hon. Richard W. B. Davis
  • Bryan, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If son's girlfriend has no ownership interest in his house and is not on any lease agreement in connection with the house, he can have her evicted.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.