Milwaukee, WI asked in Consumer Law and Personal Injury for Illinois

Q: I have been drinking sugar free drink packets since I was in Iraq in 2009 until now. Now I have crazy blood sugar levels

My blood sugar levels are super high due to an ingredient I was not aware would mess with my blood sugar, especially since I was drinking a SUGAR FREE DRINK Mix. So more than 10 years of drinking more than a gallon a day in 32oz water bottles each uaing a packet for flavor now I have super high blood sugar levels concerning my doctors and have no history or family history of diabetes. Very angry that a sugar free drink would have ingredients that mess with blood sugar levela

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Illinois attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. There wasn't a question included in your post, but if you are wondering whether this situation gives rise to a legal cause of action, you would need to reach out to attorneys to discuss in greater detail. As you contact attorneys, you could also see what you could learn about the artificial sweetener(s) involved. If you have packages from the product(s) that include warnings or other information, that could be helpful as well, if attorneys you reach out to express interest in exploring the matter further. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.