Asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: My question is can a guilty plea be overturned because the person felt that he was forced to take a guilty plea

My son was charged with third degree to sexual assault on his neice the attorney he had at the time they fired her my son has been in there 7 years now and my granddaughter which is his niece has told a new family member that her mother force her lie about her uncle that if she didn't her mother was going to beat her because her mother has three daughters by both of my sons and that was her way keeping my oldest son away from his daughter and his neice's I was told by his attorney there were new evidence but his ex-wife called me convincing me that he did do that which she also Lie later when I did speak to my son he told me they were going to put my granddaughter's mother in jail because she wrote my son saying that she was touching her own daughter is there anyway his case can be overturned and he can be set free as a mother I feel bad for not standing up for my son well I know he would not have done that sincerely

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Yes it is possible. It is best if you learned about this stuff after the plea, call attorney Michael Kaiser in Little Rock he does this kind of work.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.