Puyallup, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: From the state of WA, one of my best friends is getting charged with assault in the first degree on 3 counts and

Unlawful possession of a firearm. I need any type of help to hire a very good lawyer because he has 3 kids and is a great father and from what I know, when his situation accrued he got shot and so did his passenger leaving him paralyzed. He shot back and now he’s in pierce county and doesn’t know when he’ll be released. He is a good person and that place does not define him nor is a place for him. How should I go about this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Moses Lake, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: What he is charged with and the facts concerning this matter is what is important. The fact that he is a good person and a father is probably not important to the case but a good factor. It comes down to facts and testimony and what the State can prove. He needs to hire an attorney. If you find one close to Pierce County is will be less expensive but with 3 counts of Assault 1 and unlawful possession of a firearm, (which says he shot back when he wasn't supposed to be armed with any firearm is bad. Good Luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.