Bronx, NY asked in Child Support for Rhode Island

Q: I live in RI my ex moved to KS in 2013 when he moved I was able to get the name of the company he was working for I gave

Info to my case worker RI dept Child support. His paychecks were garnished for awhile then he left that job again I tracked down where he got new job gave info to case worker & started getting child support again. Then I took him back to court for no paying Again. The judge upped his support payments because he owes$$$ & he never called in that day. They started garnishment again then in march 2020 he quit his job. My case worker said they FINALLY did tax offset. But how can I track him down?? He moved last time I found out his address. I know they rent but it must be in his wifes name, they got approved HUD housing through KS and live in Pleasenton. My case worker is always telling me check back in few weeks but there is never any new news. I need advice what else can be done ?? I don't know why they've never put him in jail or enforce the rules of not paying .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: Your attorney may be able to enlist the services of an investigator to find the information you seek. CSE does get employment and intercept information. Good Luck to you and your child(ren)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.