Tuscaloosa, AL asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Alabama

Q: I have 3 month old child and the father is narcissistic person. When he comes around he only comes for my money.

And verbally abuse me. I did a protection order but he held me hostage so I couldn’t go he also threaten me If I go back that he will hurt me and take our child. How can I collect child support and not let him be around my child? He sell drugs and is not a stable person.

1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Please contact 2nd chance and they will help you get away from him.

Also contact DHR who will go after child support without giving any visits. Good luck to you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.