Buzzards Bay, MA asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Massachusetts

Q: good afternoon. I have a question concerning the legality of Massachusetts DOR and the collection of child support.

i filed a complaint for modification and custody in 2013. i asked the court to set my child support arrearage in my pleadings. Both the other parent and Mass dor were served. I received Judgement on 5/2013. per agreement i owed $10000.00 child support. Dor now states I owe mother 10,000 and THEM 10000.00 it was never part of the agreement or judgement. what are my remedies

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: You will need to have a copy of the Judgment of arrears to provide to the DOR and

have confirmation that mother is receiving support ( and arrears ) through the DOR and provide

your print out from DOR handy and ready to discuss with them. If there are no new arrears then

no double payout should be happening.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.