Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law and Probate for Alabama

Q: In jail for a probation violation but no one can tell me what the violation is not even the judge what can I d

My bf is currently in jail for a probation violation but no one not even the judge can tell him what the violation is. The probation was in Alabama being transferred to MS fee had been paid Jan 21st he had permission to be in MS. PO told him wait on a call and never called so he started calling them they never answered then charged him for a violation in April but won’t say what the violation is

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: You said probation was being transferred to MS. Until your case has officially been transferred to another state you must continue to report in Alabama. It’s probably for failure to report. But I don’t know, just guessing. The probation office in the county where he was convicted will be able to tell you what the violation is, so call them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.