Tucson, AZ asked in Immigration Law for Arizona

Q: I need advice to help a dear friend, who is like a granddaughter to me, to immigrate to USA from Albania, (citizenship)?

I was sponsoring her in nursing school and now she has graduated and has her RN degree. She will be age 22 on Nov. 13, 2020. I own my home and have a room all ready for her, here in Tucson.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL

A: There is no friend category that you can sponsor someone to get a green card from another country. Your friend can get a green card either by marriage to an American citizen or marriage to a green card holder. She can get a green card by getting sponsored for a job, but that job must be tied to the field that she studied in college. She can get an investor visa if she puts up hundreds of thousands of dollars into a business and can show that the business is generating a profit to support herself and any of her dependence. Other than that it’s going to be very hard to get permanent residency into the country.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.