Mc Lean, VA asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Virginia

Q: How to find an attorney to represent me in a civil case (housing related, I was discriminated as a handicap owner)?

I was a new handicap homeowner in an association in Fairfax County VA. The association began discriminating against me when forced me to disclose that I was a handicap person and for a variety of unlawful reasons denied giving me parking permit so I could not park my car in the subdivision and after 9 months of having the unit vacant, I was finally forced to sell since I could not reason with them and find out why no parking permit under the law was not being issued for me. The case has a merit as I have consulted with few attorneys. I do not have money to pay hourly but I can pay contingency like 40/60. if you can take the case or refer me to a law school or probono att. please let me know. I do not want to contact legal aid and or HUS since I do not believe they can help and time is of the essence. where can I look for legal resources? thanks

1 Lawyer Answer
F. Paul Maloof
F. Paul Maloof
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: To find a local attorney for your case, you should call the local Bar Association on the city/county in which you reside. Ask for the lawyer referral service.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.