Montgomery, AL asked in Personal Injury and Health Care Law for Alabama

Q: I want to know whether i can sue a doctor for causing a bigger scar on my face, while he treating for one scar on face

I had a facial burn scar and i started treatment with one of the doctors here. He provided me a bleach cream to apply around the scar to start the surgery after one month. But after i started applying for a week it started burning on my face and created a very big scar than i used to have it before. I need help regarding whether i can use sue the doctor for creating a bigger scar?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Alabama attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Based on these brief facts alone, it is difficult to answer your question. An attorney could need additional information, such as instructions provided to you by the doctor, warning labels on the cream, the nature of the scar in terms of permanent disfigurement, etc. The best way to answer your question would be to reach out to med mal attorneys in Alabama to discuss the matter in greater detail. Most attorneys who handle med mal cases offer free initial consults. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.