Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law and Health Care Law for Alabama on
Q: Are radiologists free to be careless, by not putting 'all that may be wrong' on reports?

The CT shows one side is more dense than 6 months ago, the brain sinus hyperattenuations are not mentioned. Dr.'s do not or can not view radiological films, due to being 'overridden' by what the radiologist says.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jan 30, 2019

No medical professional, or other professional, for that matter, has free license to be careless. The premise is that they will act diligently, thoroughly, professionally, and exercise their best medical judgment in examining films and outlining their findings. Are some more thorough than others?... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Abuse for Alabama on
Q: Can I sue a rehab/ nursing facility for negligence?

Upon being released from hospital My mother was sent to a rehab facility. She has been there for 6days. Since there my mother has difficulty breathing, the nurses that administer her meds would asked her if she's ok or if they can get her anything she'd say no and that she's having problems... Read more »

Greg Foster
Greg Foster answered on Feb 17, 2018

I am very sorry that your mother has been in distress after arriving at a nursing home / rehabilitation facility. Based on the scenario you have presented, it appears that there may be some issues related to the timeliness and appropriateness of your mother's care. To fully answer your question,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Health Care Law for Alabama on
Q: I was in an accident in '16 w/a girl who hit a tree. I lost my leg. 25000.00 settlement that ends in 16507 left.

Filed chapter 7 with my husband. Bc debt was so high. Way way over income as I still can't work. Cigna has sub. Lien for 30000.00. I have no assets. We are barely surviving. Will I receive any of the settlement. The put 15000.00 for wildcard exemption. Just curious

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 8, 2017

You didn't ask but I assume you got on social security disability for at least the period after the crash through the year after your amputation. You might see if your lawyer can bring a crashworthiness case. However, with bankruptcy you don't have enough to go 'round so I doubt if it will get you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Health Care Law for Alabama on
Q: Instruments not sterilized when Ingrown toe nail was removed.

I have an infected toe nail and had to get it removed. I was notified that I could of been contaminated with an infection due to not have the instruments used properly sterilized. I had to get lab work done but haven't gottten the results back. I have to get lab work done for the next 6 month is... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 6, 2017

You have a claim for the cost of the lab work at least. See what happens, get a free consult from a member of tha Ala. Assn for Justice.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Tax Law and Health Care Law for Alabama on
Q: As a co-sponsor of my brother's wife, am I in any way responsible for providing insurance, or penalties, under ACA?

My brother, a US citizen, is moving back to the US with his wife, a non-citizen, and children after many years spent in Japan. Since he doesn't have an income here in the US, yet, he needs a co-sponsor for his wife. I understand that according to the Affordable Care Act she is required to have... Read more »

Kyndra Mulder
Kyndra Mulder answered on Apr 23, 2017

Your responsibilities are stated in the instructions and body of the I-864 Affidavit of Support;

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Alabama on
Q: Is it legal for a hospital to have you in a room and after they find out you have no issurance put you in the hall?

Hospital had me put in a room stripped and put in a gown plugged to a machine said the Dr. Will be with me shortly. Nurse came and asked if I had insurance. I said no. They came and took me out of the bed in the room in a gown back side out and moved me to a bed in the hallway gave me a blanket and... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 3, 2017

Not illegal. Tacky, but not illegal. Now if they didn't serve you at all, that might be different.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.