Asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: Do I need to fill out I 865 if my mailing address had changed but my physical address remains the same ?

I am a US citizen petitioning my husband. We have an approved I 130 and submitted all the documents including I 864 to NVC and they have been accepted. Right now we are just waiting for them to give us an interview date at the American embassy. Our physical address is in Mexico but our mailing address is in San Diego. But our mailing address recently changed to a different address again in San Diego. How do I go about the new change of mailing address? Do I notify NVC ? Do I notify USCIS ? Do I need to fill out a form ? Do I need to fill out a I 865 ? Does this effect anything ? Reminder that our physical address remains the same, it’s only our mailing address that changed . Also the beneficiary’s intended address he will stay, and the address of where we want the green card delivered changes with the new mailing address as well .

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ify Princess Ikeakanam
Ify Princess Ikeakanam
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC

A: Hi, it is definitely important to change address ASAP during any immigration proceeding. Contact the NVC with your updated address. There is no special address change form for Consulate process.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with any step of the process. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.