Chester, VA asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Virginia

Q: Can i stilll sue

I went to duke to have my hip put back in then during rehab it popped out and they sent me to hospital after rehab center left me there for two days with 2 dislocated hips well rehab threw me out saying i costed them to much money. So i went home my hip popped out 22 times in two weeks. Went to duke didnt even make it through triage they put me in parking lot with my hip still dislocated where i had to take care of myself for 6 weeks. A friend came down from va took me to vcu where my dr said they put it in retroverted. My hip would have never popped out. I had major blood clot from it cause i caught staph. They took my hip out for 16 months they just put it in. Not sure if im gonna loose it again im a special case now. Can i get them

1 Lawyer Answer
Mrs Lauren Morgan Ellerman
Mrs Lauren Morgan Ellerman
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Roanoke, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: Oh wow - I am so sorry to hear all of this. You may have a claim against them - but I am not licensed in NC and cannot advise as to the laws of negligence in North Carolina. If you would like a few excellent attorneys licensed in both VA and North Carolina - I recommend Amberley Hammer (Va Beach) or Fred Smith (Martinsville). Both can advise on a NC case. I wish you all the best, and am so sorry to hear what has happened.

Lauren Ellerman

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.